Archive

  • ►  13 (1)
    • ►  August (1)
  • ►  10 (4)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ▼  09 (102)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ▼  February (14)
      • Since September?
      • Of all the houses to go to for help
      • The girls, they are a growin'
      • He's a silly man daddy
      • The Kitchen is finished!
      • How to tear out a kitchen in 2:39
      • An experiment in gaslessness
      • Night Shots
      • Random girl stuff
      • He's comitting fraud, Honey
      • Morgan the 'Fiter Fighter'
      • How to quiet her down
      • Something she can watch
      • Kitchen Day 2 - Final
    • ►  January (26)
  • ►  08 (62)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (6)

Blogs we follow

  • ...........Gray Wolf B & B
  • Apostrophe Catastrophes
    You Give Moms a Bad Name
    1 year ago
  • Chaos At The Kraber House
    Oregon Vacation
    17 years ago
  • Our Happy Hambel Zoo
  • Schorr Racing Hot Rod Shop
  • The Bonnetts
    is anyone still following?
    16 years ago
  • the Happy Medic
    Quit Being Weird
    6 years ago

Following us to Freedom

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Fairy Art of the Day

Favorite Spots

  • Firegeezer.com
    How Brisbane Businesses Can Prepare Their Premises for Storm and Flood Season
    3 weeks ago
  • What is Tanga Selling?
    Battlefield 6 - Xbox Series X
    3 weeks ago
  • woot!
    The North Face Women's Full Zip Jacket
    8 years ago
  • woot! shirt
    Alive Again
    8 years ago
  • woot! wine
    Gustus Vitae Pantry Starter Kit (12)
    8 years ago

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Of all the houses to go to for help

Years ago, when my parents were visiting, you all may recall the girl who came screaming that her house was on fire. Of all the houses to go to for help, she got me and dad searching the house and putting the fire out while mom kept her calm and phoned it in. The house was saved and we have a great picture on the fire extinguisher we used of me and dad in front of the house.

Kim was at work that day and missed all the excitement.

Today, however, the excitement caught up with her.

Eliza and I were out shopping and returned home to see Kim on the from walk with a woman with a baby. I assumed since she had recently returned from playgroup this was a new mom visiting.
When I exited the car and she said, in her stern voice, "Justin, I need you here please," my mood changed.

Kim had heard a shout, then a ring of the doorbell and calls for help. The mother of the 3 month old was asking Kim to call 911 becasue the baby was "unresponsive."
With Morgan in the house and not knowing what to do, she said, "OK I'll call" and went inside to do so.
Back outside with mom and child Kim notes the baby is breathing and seems fine, but is wishing I would hurry up and get there already.

When I did my Paramedic thing the baby was tired and might have been sick, hard to tell without my tools of the trade.

Sirens were getting closer and it was a police officer that arrived on the scene first. Then another policeman, then the local Engine company, who took over care and gave the little one some oxygen.

Morgan was quite excited to see the fire engine pull up in front of her house.

The ambulance arrived and baby was taken to the back for a better look and our work was done. Morgan waved goodbye and told me all about how the baby was in the back of the ambulance now.

I'm just glad I got home when I did. Had I been 5 minutes later in returning I would have seen this infront of the house and thought the worst:
at 3:26 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)