I wish I had thought to get the video camera for this, but it was more fun to be a part of what was happening.
Morgan found an empty wrapping paper roll and decided it was a "slide pole" at the fire station.
She called me over and said, "Daddy, do you want to learn how to be a fiter fighter?"
"OK," I said with Kim smiling in the background.
"First you have to put on your fire fighter helmet." She went and got one of the little plastic helmets Jerry got for her birth and put it on.
She came back to where I was and asked me to hold up the cardboard roll. "Now you slide down the slide pole to the fire engines and go put out the fire."
"How do we put the fire out?" I asked her
"We use the water hose."
"Well go get one! Hurry, the fire is burning!"
She came running back over with an Eliza toy that closely resembled a nozzle and she got in front of me.
"Let's crawl down under the smoke and heat" I told her and she crawled low, nozzle out in front, helmet on and got to where Kim was and crouched back on her heels and began to 'put the fire out'.
"Isn't there some paperwork, training and certifications we have to take, not to mention training drills?" I ask her.
"No daddy. Just slide down the slide pole and put the fires out."
That's what I thought too, kid. That's what I thought too.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Priceless!
Post a Comment