So here it is as it was:
Dirty tile, tiny island. It was driving us absolutely nuts.
Then, as you know, we tore it out.
Then they came and put the new stuff in and WOW. Here's another time lapse video, taking a .5 second section every minute.
The product is Corian and looks fantastic in the kitchen, pulling out the gray of the hardware and the red of the cabinets.
And the installation went so well, they went beyond my lofty expectations. He spent hours grinding and polishing, sanding and cutting to get everything to not only fit right, but to cover any blemishes from the tear out. He truly is a craftsman and it shows, the pieces fit perfectly to our unperfect kitchen.
In the end I'm bummed I can't have them back to fix anything else around the house.
So here it is now:


5 comments:
Can't wait till I can pop a beer and lean on the bar while you whip up a prime rib or something...Dad
Hey make sure you follow up with Home Depot on the quality of the workmanship. I think it is good to reward that with a mention
Home Depot? Home Freakin' Depot? This was the manufacturer, OK, we got him through Costco.
And yes I will let Costco know.
Beautiful! What did you do about cooking and necessary things like that while everything was torn up? Couldn't have been easy with little ones! Bravo.
Dude, looks beautiful! Excellent work. Must have been the good juju I was sending.
Post a Comment