They don't understand how things work and how the universe flows gently if you let it. Like if you let the guy with one item ahead of you in the store, he gets along sooner and your time is barely affected.
If you let the person flying down the onramp take their rightful place in line, the traffic keeps moving, as opposed to him flying all the way to the front, making everyone else slow down.
Those are general examples, but back to the jerk I met today.
The girls and I went to the store and on the way out, cart full, we saw a giant black 4x4 truck parked in the handicapped spot. This was the closest picture I could find online:

The one we saw was a giant GMC and had running rails you could use to climb in with. This truck was so big even I at 6'3" would have trouble climbing in.
As we approached it, making our way to the middle of the lot, Morgan commented on how big the truck was.
"It must be hard climbing up there all handicapped," I commented to her.
"It sure is" said the man who was walking just infront of us as he turned away from his tiny wife and went to put the groceries in the backseat of the truck.
I can't pass this and not say something.
"Hang on sweetie," I tell Morgan, "we're going to help this handicapped man into his big truck."
"Can we help you?"
"I don't need help getting in my own truck." He quipped.
"I just figured since you're handicapped you must certainly need help getting in there, we're happy to help."
"My sister is handicapped." He fires back.
"Then we can help her?" I looked briefly at the wife.
"This is her truck and she's handicapped."
Riiiiiiiiight I think to myself as we turn away.
"What is that man doing Daddy?" Morgan asks setting me up like no preparation could have done. "He's committing fraud Honey, let's go home."
As he backed out and began to pull past us, he slowed down just enough to see me smiling and waving, then he literally sped away through the grocery store parking lot.
I hate those people. Somewhere there's an actually handicapped person circling looking for a spot these yahoos take up.


1 comment:
AWESOME! You go!!
Post a Comment