Archive

  • ►  13 (1)
    • ►  August (1)
  • ►  10 (4)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ▼  09 (102)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ▼  January (26)
      • Kitchen Day 1 - Finish
      • It has begun
      • Morgan's new 'do
      • When Eliza gets bigger and bigger
      • I wish I was this clever
      • Next Blog Adventure!
      • Yeah, I'm THAT important
      • Today IS better than yesterday
      • Eliza's sounds
      • Thank the Gods there were witnesses
      • Tooth #2
      • STRESS
      • A little fun
      • Pardon our dust
      • Eliza has a tooth!
      • Kim goes back to work
      • Hanging history
      • The Simpsons couch gag
      • Raised in a strange house?
      • We bought a bar
      • Metal Mayhem part II
      • Heavy Metal Mayhem
      • $10,000 says you can't do 30 in a row
      • Midget 2 hits 6
      • Morgan has 2 settings
      • CSS opacity vs z-axis
  • ►  08 (62)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (6)

Blogs we follow

  • ...........Gray Wolf B & B
  • Apostrophe Catastrophes
    You Give Moms a Bad Name
    1 year ago
  • Chaos At The Kraber House
    Oregon Vacation
    17 years ago
  • Our Happy Hambel Zoo
  • Schorr Racing Hot Rod Shop
  • The Bonnetts
    is anyone still following?
    16 years ago
  • the Happy Medic
    Quit Being Weird
    6 years ago

Following us to Freedom

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Fairy Art of the Day

Favorite Spots

  • Firegeezer.com
    How Brisbane Businesses Can Prepare Their Premises for Storm and Flood Season
    3 days ago
  • What is Tanga Selling?
    Battlefield 6 - Xbox Series X
    1 day ago
  • woot!
    The North Face Women's Full Zip Jacket
    8 years ago
  • woot! shirt
    Alive Again
    8 years ago
  • woot! wine
    Gustus Vitae Pantry Starter Kit (12)
    8 years ago

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yeah, I'm THAT important

Some of you may remember that a few months ago I (Justin) decided to get politically active. Maybe I was caught up in the excitement that became President Obama and his call to public service, but there was an opening on the local Fire Commission as an alternate.
There was also a seat open on the Emergency Medical Care Committee. When I interviewed for the positions, I apparently came off as more as a Paramedic than a Fireman and I got the Committee job.

HERE is the link to the Commission meeting where my nomination was accepted. I'm one of maybe 30-40 people who meet every other month to talk about how emergency medical care is being delivered in the county we live in. It's not glamorous, but I have THE seat for my district where as the Fire Commission spot was as an alternate. Commissioner still sounds cooler than Committee Member, but I'll survive.

I'll keep all up to date on what happens. See you then!
at 7:49 PM

2 comments:

Dantarius said...

Good job buddy! I seem to remember a interesting project from back in the day about a merger for a metro fire department and EMS service. If you're not careful, you may put yourself into a position where you can make that become a reality...

January 23, 2009 at 4:52 PM
The Hambel Family said...

Wow, so much to report! Keep it up!!

January 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)