"Daddy, when Eliza gets bigger and bigger, she can play with Morgan toys."
"I give this to Eliza when she gets bigger and bigger."
Well, we're getting there alright.
Eliza has been in her new car seat, having outgrown the other one (22 lb maximum) and is now in a nice comfortable rear facing wonder of a seat. That means she is out of the carrier, so no more snap and go stroller, one of the 3 necessities of parenthood these days.
It also means she's sitting up in the cart or at the restaurant.
Last night we ventured out to dinner and Eliza got to sit at the table with us instead of cooped up in her carrier and she was all the flirt we knew she was. She talked, banged on the table and stared at a couple a few tables away. Eliza being as adorable as she is (non biased opinion) won them all over.
A part of me, and I'm sure Kim, saw this milestone coming, but didn't think we'd be there already. She's only 7 months old for Pete's sake.
Eliza is also on the verge of crawling, right about on schedule with her sister. We were looking at some old video of Morgan's first crawls (Gods all that hair!) and looked at Eliza and sighed.
They do grow up so fast. Granted I wish they'd skip ahead to the following directions, using the toilet alone, sleeping through the night part, but I'll take whatever I can get.
Yesterday I got a great 2 hour nap with Eliza. One of those Daddy naps where she sleeps and I just give her little kisses on her head.
A few days ago the girls helped me wash the car.I figure it will take me 16 years to get used to this thought, so let's get started on it.
Morgan is becoming quite the artist. She draws wonderful (non biased) pictures of stick figures she calls "happy faces" and LOVES to take pictures, especially of Eliza. She's not bad either. She took this picture just the other day, Kim only turned it on for her.
Eliza's bottom teeth are clearly visible from space now and she enjoys chewing everything she can find.
More updates as they happen from Carriage House.


1 comment:
Cute! Morgan and Eliza on the road... almost as scary as Emma and Parker. They do grow up fast don't they!
Post a Comment