Archive

  • ►  13 (1)
    • ►  August (1)
  • ►  10 (4)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  January (2)
  • ▼  09 (102)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ▼  January (26)
      • Kitchen Day 1 - Finish
      • It has begun
      • Morgan's new 'do
      • When Eliza gets bigger and bigger
      • I wish I was this clever
      • Next Blog Adventure!
      • Yeah, I'm THAT important
      • Today IS better than yesterday
      • Eliza's sounds
      • Thank the Gods there were witnesses
      • Tooth #2
      • STRESS
      • A little fun
      • Pardon our dust
      • Eliza has a tooth!
      • Kim goes back to work
      • Hanging history
      • The Simpsons couch gag
      • Raised in a strange house?
      • We bought a bar
      • Metal Mayhem part II
      • Heavy Metal Mayhem
      • $10,000 says you can't do 30 in a row
      • Midget 2 hits 6
      • Morgan has 2 settings
      • CSS opacity vs z-axis
  • ►  08 (62)
    • ►  December (16)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (12)
    • ►  August (6)

Blogs we follow

  • ...........Gray Wolf B & B
  • Apostrophe Catastrophes
    You Give Moms a Bad Name
    1 year ago
  • Chaos At The Kraber House
    Oregon Vacation
    17 years ago
  • Our Happy Hambel Zoo
  • Schorr Racing Hot Rod Shop
  • The Bonnetts
    is anyone still following?
    16 years ago
  • the Happy Medic
    Quit Being Weird
    6 years ago

Following us to Freedom

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
Fairy Art of the Day

Favorite Spots

  • Firegeezer.com
    How Brisbane Businesses Can Prepare Their Premises for Storm and Flood Season
    3 weeks ago
  • What is Tanga Selling?
    Battlefield 6 - Xbox Series X
    3 weeks ago
  • woot!
    The North Face Women's Full Zip Jacket
    8 years ago
  • woot! shirt
    Alive Again
    8 years ago
  • woot! wine
    Gustus Vitae Pantry Starter Kit (12)
    8 years ago

Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank the Gods there were witnesses

I had planned to wander over to the Reinhold's today with some baby stuff and figured I'd have Eliza in tow. No problem there. They have little baby Chloe so the two of them can stare at each other and drool.

At the last minute as I'm climbing in the car Morgan wants to come along. Despite our best efforts she is intent on coming along "to see baby Chloe."

The drive is fine, she and I are making small talk with Eliza in her new car seat grunting like a Taun Taun.

At the Reinhold's I had to change Eliza, then give her a bottle. While I was doing that Morgan was wandering around their place, then suddenly decided she was going to wash her hands. She's good at rinsing, washing, rinsing and drying, so I decided to let her go for it.
After a minute I heard no water and the door to the bathroom was closed.
"Open the door please, Morgan."
"Morgan, open the door please, I will not ask you again."
The door creeks open and her pants are down.
"Daddy, I'm going potty all by myself." and the door closes. I look from Nikki to Dylan just to make sure they heard her say that.
I must have given Dylan a secret Dad look because he was already moving to take Eliza.
"Do you mind?" I asked, "Not at all" was his reply.
I opened the bathroom door and there is Morgan, pants down, climbing onto the toilet telling me "I want you a go daddy, I going potty." and she shooed me away. I quickly called Kim to tell her what was happening when Morgan emerges with a smile, pants back up, struggling with the button on her pants.
"Daddy!" a HUGE smile, "I went potty all by myself!"

She sure did. All the frustration and stress of the accidents and confusion and she wanders into a strange bathroom and completes one of the 3 main tasks of life.

Now its just to tying shoes and driving.
at 7:33 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)