The sky is no longer dark, I should get up before Morgan does and let Kim sleep. Shuffling to the bathroom I grab my robe. Shuffling is the only safe mode of travel early in the morning with toys all over the house.
Morgan is on the couch, slurping milk from a sippy cup, watching one of her shows. It seems Kim got up when Morgan did, got her settled and quiet, then retreated back to bed.
She doesn't even look my way when I shuffle into the hallway, still somewhat asleep.
The coffee maker is prepped and started, at least 5 minutes until I can sneak a cup. The internet comes to life on the laptop and I check my morning news and messages, slowly waking and Morgan smiles and giggles. She knows when I'm just staring at the machine and she thinks it's hilarious.
By the time I can get my first cup of coffee poured, Eliza is beginning to wake with her signature groans and cries of "MAMA!"
Sending Morgan in to quiet the child is always good for at least 2 minutes of quiet usually followed by laughing, giggling, then screaming by one or both of them. The timing is key there.
With Eliza changed and on the floor walking away I take a moment to peek at the clock. Not as bad as I thought at all.
Back in the family room under the watchful eye of a curious monkey the girls are sharing frosted mini wheats and chugging their cold cups of milk. I lift my coffee to my lips...
...ahhhh
And my day can officially begin.
2 hours later, here they are sharing a coloring book with Morgan choosing shades of green and blue for a fairy while Eliza is experimenting with the different flavors of different colors. Since the sip of coffee the train set has been out set up and cleaned up twice, both times the peaceful town was attacked by a giant purple toddler stumbling through town and sitting on the main switch track. The lego blocks have made "the highest tower in the whole world ever!" and the aforementioned purple terror brought it to the ground.
So now, still in my robe, Morgan is dancing through the room in her purple tutu and Eliza is half crawling half walking through the lego rubble while Daddy is half typing, half sleeping in the corner.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh, can I come? Sounds like my perfect morning. :)
Post a Comment