Yes, you read right, Eliza took 3 big girl steps today infront of multiple witnesses and loves being led around to walk one handed. She still needs to hold onto something and will cheat to a nearby sofa or wall whenever she has the chance.
But this evening, just after dinner I had her in the family room standing and stood just out of her reach and she came walking. And I wasn't at work to miss it.
Morgan starts school tomorrow. Preschool, but still school. Kim and I had a moment earlier when Kim came out asking my opinion on Morgan's first day of school clothes. "Perfect" I said to it, realizing I will have this conversation at least twice a year for the next 16 years.
Kim will be accompanying Morgan to the sneak peek the school has, I think a way for the kids to get theri feet wet and the parents to have a look around and meet other parents. I'm not sure who is more excited, but they'll have a great time.
Eliza and I will be here, walking.
Speaking of getting feet wet, Morgan is almost done with her swimming lessons for this year and is in her first class alone. I have taken her twice, the first time last week when she had to be coaxed away from my side, and this morning when I had to tell her to walk, not run, towards the pool and her awaiting teachers.
I took a picture at swim class but am having trouble getting it onto the server at t-mobile, so no dice so far. As soon as it pops up, I'll send it along.
Kim has been busy with her work and I with the blog, the work blog that is. The England trip is awaiting a jealous middle manager's approval or rejection. Unfortunately for him if he denies it, his boss will override him and sad for us because until he makes a decision his boss can not approve the project. Groan.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment