Last Monday Morgan and I (this is Kim, by the way) went on a very exciting field trip. She had a wonderful time and impressed me with how well behaved she was.
The day started with a train ride - yes, her first trip on BART. She was very excited about the whole idea, she has seen the train from the freeway all the time and has commented on it more times than I can count. So we got our ticket, made our way through the turnstiles and onto the train. If you have every gotten on BART from our local station, you know that since it is the end of the line, the train is there for close to 10 minutes before it leaves. But Morgan wanted it to leave right when we got on. We got our seats, I explained we had to wait for other people to get on. A few people got on and Morgan said "OK, they're here, let's go!" When the train finally started moving, the look on her face was priceless; it just light up in a big surprised smile.
We had to change trains partway through our trip and she stuck right with me and enjoyed waiting at the new platform and watching the train pull into the station. Once we got to our final destination, she wanted to get on another train. I had been worried about keeping her occupied and quiet for the train ride. I needn't have worried. She spent the whole time looking out the windows and telling me every time we went into a tunnel.
Our destination was Habitot, a children's museum in Berkeley. We met up with a few other moms and kids from my mom's club. I'm not sure if "museum" is the right term for this place, but it was great. It is a really nice play and discovery space.
On a potty training note, Morgan had no problems whatsoever that day. She even stopped in the middle of her water play, told me she needed to potty, went, and asked to go right back to the water play area again. I was worried about the time on BART because there are no bathrooms even in the stations, but she handled it perfectly. I was so proud of her.
Morgan had a great time, left with a new toy ("bouncy guy"), and had a enjoyed pointing out all the tunnels on the return train trip. Overall, Morgan and I had a great morning together without the distraction of the new baby. It was great quality time that we have been missing lately.


No comments:
Post a Comment