My original purpose when showing Morgan the numbers on the clock, was mainly to explain it out loud so I didn't get angry. You see Morgan, like her father before her, is an early riser. Ever since she figured out a few weeks ago that you can open the bedroom door "all by the self" she is now waking early and wandering. The title of this post may be misleading. If she waited until what you and I can seven o'clock, fantastic. Apparently when I explained how the clock works I failed to get through to her the concept of the turning hands, since apparently every time she looks at it, it has a seven on it. Maybe digital would work better. But then I picture her waiting until 5:37 and coming out. "See Daddy," she'll exclaim next to a sleeping Eliza, "it's seven!"
This morning was the latest in awhile, she awoke at 6 and I coaxed her back into bed until she climbed into our bed at 7:37 with the above exclamation. She was not incorrect today, but I already have to get up for work in the dark, should I have to on my days off as well? Groan.
We've tried the whole, "You can play quietly in your room" bit, that lasted about a week. So now we're going to bed earlier (OK we often say "Why are we still up?") not because the baby will wake us up, but instead the 3 foot noise machine that is The Morgan.
So mornings start with a sigh, a robe, Caillou on the TV (only after 7, hence the magic time) milk and a bowl of dry cereal. Then she'll look at me and, without even a smile, say "Make coffee Daddy, you want coffee."
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment