Kim here, thought I would put my two cents into this blog thing.
So, for the last month or two Morgan will occasionally start talking about crocodiles. Usually along the lines of "the crocodiles are coming," in a stage-whisper, followed by running around the house and laughing. Sometimes Justin or I will play the part of the crocodile and chase her around. She loves the crocodiles. Last night she talked about the crocodiles just before bedtime. I told her that the crocodiles had gone home to go to bed. She proceeded to look out the front window and wave goodbye. Absolutely adorable.
Justin & I have been trying to figure out where this obsession with crocodiles came from. We didn't see one at the zoo, she has no books about crocodiles, and she's only seen pictures a few times. Today at lunch I figured it out. I gave Morgan some of my lunch because she wanted to eat with me, even though she already ate. After a few minutes, she says, "Go away, you can't have any" and starts making shooing gestures with her hands toward the space next to her chair. I said, "who is it?" And of course she said in a whisper, "crocodiles." And it hit me. Morgan has an imaginary friend. A crocodile. I asked his name - Tommy. I asked what color he was and after much thought was told "blue." I think the color and even the name may change, but she has befriended a crocodile. I picture Calvin and Hobbes, but now it's Morgan and Tommy, the blue crocodile!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Crocodiles? What's with the crocs? I thought it was "Crab Man" Kaitlyn is a little upset. Hope all is good!
Post a Comment