I've (Justin here) been working a lot lately, banking trades and picking up overtime when I can. In the last few weeks that meant 2 24 hour overtimes and today I grabbed a 10 hour ambulance overtime. It was awkward at first after a crappy night at work, but my partner for the day was on my wavelength so it worked out nicely. And being home at night to sleep in my own bed has it's advantages. Mainly there are no voices waking me at all hours to tell me where the sick people are.So, for now at least, it appears I am not at work.
The girls are all experiencing some level of sickness, Kim included, and the house is a symphony of coughs sniffles and sneezes. I had my own musical show last week, but seem to have out lasted it. Again I credit the voices waking me at all hours. I think the flu gave up and went to sleep.
The work blog has been picking up steam not only with the England trip in November but that it has been picked up to be included in a new project combining a number of successful blogs in the field and grouped together, kind of like a digital reader's digest of similar information. The concept is the first of it's kind and has some really neat features I'm excited about, I'll post a link sometime in early October when it gets off the ground.
Eliza is beginning to branch out speech wise with the introduction of what sounds like "baby." She has "ball" down like no one's business and points to the picture of a baby on her yogurt container and says "Bah...Bee." I'll take it, since the next words will likely be "Can I borrow the car tonight?"
Are you catching up on Madmen or were you hi
ding this from us the whole time? We love the series and are DVRing (that's a word, yes?) season three while Netflixing (I'm making them up as I go people) season two. Gotta love the early 60s. Or at least the interpretation of the early 60s. Either way, great show. If you're not watching, give it a shot.The Prius got it's first check engine light awhile ago, 80,400 miles and one check engine light. And it had nothing to do with the electric motor. Figures it's the gas motor parts that are failing first. We have a vapor leak in the area between the fuel bladder and the fuel tank. Long story short our gas tank has a hole in it, but on the inside. The tank needs to be replaced and is covered under the 80,000 gas motor warranty, if we were in that window, but will cost a decent amount to get installed. The guy at the dealership is overnighting (again with the new words) one that should arrive first thing tomorrow morning and Kim can head over there and work while it gets fixed.
The labor is 3 times the cost of the part.
Hence all the overtimage (Sorry, last one).


No comments:
Post a Comment