In other news, Kim and the girls have been away for a few days giving me a chance to get to work on our built in entertainment center.
I've been wanting to do a build like this for a long time, so I'm going all out.
It started with pulling the drywall and quickly became a fun project.

This picture is from the end of the first day and shows the area I'm working on. I had to remove a number of studs as well as bad drywall and insulation. That silver tube is the chimney stack and the dark area behind it is the chimney enclosure. I was able to reclaim some of this space and sink the unit into the wall a few inches as well as adding some space behind the component area to your hand doesn't get stuck all the time moving cords around.
The most annoying part so far has been running all the cables, wires and what not through multiple studs, past a gas line and down under a window where a custom built cabinet will house all the components. What a chore.
I have had 3 full days work on the project and despite some minor injuries I am slightly ahead of schedule.

This is the dry fit from the middle of day 3, yesterday. Everything is coming along and after this photo I took a long break, then found myself in the garage painting and staining, trying to get farther ahead of schedule. I HAVE to finish this before the girls get home or it will never be finished.
I'll post more when I do more!


No comments:
Post a Comment