No, not that.
Earlier today I was out washing the cars in the driveway. It was hot today, but nothing like it's going to be in the summer. I had the sun in my eyes when I started so I grabbed an old hat off the shelf and got to work.
By the end of the second car I felt like I was going to burn up from the inside. Not a heat stroke moment, not even a heat exhaustion (yes, they're different), just a "fear" of the sunlight. As if I developed a sudden case of photo sensitivity. For the next few hours I was drinking fluids, Kim got me a wet cloth for my head and neck, but I just couldn't shake this feeling of overwhelming heat from the sun.
Even after a shower and a popsicle I felt a little off, getting out to the bar-b-q with dinner was a challenge, but then I felt a bit hungry and had a snack. Keep in mind I already had dinner with no change in condition, even a snack right before.
It was an orange chocolate stick that made it all better. Almost like a switch got flipped in my hypothalamus under the tag "Orange Stick."
Maybe it was the standing infront of the fridge, or the fluids finally kicked in but, well, that was weird.
In other news not of the Justin feeling odd variety...well let's stay there for just another minute. I grabbed my phone out this afternoon to call and wish my mother a happy birthday when the date on the phone said I had missed it. *smacked head*. We were just there and their birthdays are easy to remember (5,10,15 Morgan, Meadow, Jerry) and 5 25 52. No guessing needed. Somewhere in all the Eliza standing, Morgan remarkably smart, yet unable to calm herself down, I missed an entire day.
So Happy Belated Birthday, Mom. I am a retard for missing it, no argument there, I just wish there weren't so many distractions these days. TV, cell phones, blogs, more blogs, facebook, flickr, upload the pictures, download the files, go here, go there. Oregon was so much calmer.
We do indeed look forward to pulling off at the Merlin exit and going through the woods to that house. It is indeed another home for us.
But I digress.
Eliza, as I said, stands well, walks with asistance, but isn't scooting along the furniture quite yet. At this age Morgan was not only already walking, but at 11 months had mastered crouching down to pick things up.
Speaking of the Mona, she has an amazing ability to make us forget she is only a new 3 years old and not 6 or 7. Her deductive skills and ability to change verb tense is not only neat, but she also introduces new words to us. The other day she found Cleo's comb, a small tight grouping of stiff metal brushes. she brought it to me and explained that it should not be located somewhere Eliza might find it, it is too sharp. She turned to walk away, stopped and turned back, "No Daddy, it's too prickly."
Prickly? As opposed to sharp? Briliant that one.
Then onto the after dinner time tonight and Morgan had a complete nuclear meltdown. Heat rash around her neck and arms, muffled crys and whines, screams when anyone but mommy tries to comfort her, and even then. Like a different girl. then after all the drama and the bath, she seems to smile and calmly get her PJs on. After repeated requests, of course.
It's been one weird day here at Carriage House. Let's see what tomorrow has in store.
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment