The work she refers to is Kim's growing garden in the back yard. Strategically located away from the swingset we now have tomatoes, berries and the squash are awaiting the perfect spot over in the corner. She's always wanted to do a garden and finally got me motivated enough here in the new Carriage House to make the space and get the raised beds made so she can plant. The tomatoes looked for a few days as though they were considering throwing in the towel, but after this past few days of rain already have new growth at the top.
Our trees are doing well, the pear survived the frost, and there are at least 15 peaches on the way. Needless to say we're excited to see how they do. Last year Morgan pulled them all off just as they surfaced.
I finally got the time off I needed to travel south next week to see Meadow #2 when she arrives. I had it all arranged until they changed my schedule at work. It was the equivalent of telling someone on a 9-5 schedule, "You work 12P-8AM tuesdays and 3P-11P the other days. Oh and your new weekends are Wed and Thur." Annoying to say the least. Luckily I found a fellow who was in the same spot and was willing to cover a few days. Thank you Eric.
Eliza is a crawling fool as you can see from the video and she is getting faster and faster everyday. This morning she went from visible to gone in the time it took to pour a cup of coffee. I still sometimes forget she can sit up alone, let alone crawl at 20 MPH towards the wine rack.
I think I've mentioned in these pages that we only use "No" when Morgan is asking for something. If she is doing something dangerous we shout "DANGER!." She freaks and stops dead in her tracks. It has worked to this point and beyond. The other night on the computer with the girls playing behind me I hear Morgan say, "Daddy! Eliza danger!" And I turned to see Eliza has moved to the other side of the room and is examining where the lamp plugs in. It is a switched plug, but still. Morgan didn't try to stop her, just shouted and pointed. That's my girl.
We are all looking forward to a change of pace heading south for a few days, mainly to have a couple extra sets of eyes on the midgets.
We also finally broke down and joined the
We'll put up news of Meadow #2 as it happens.
That is the word from Carriage House.


No comments:
Post a Comment