Everyone knows I had quite the OCD issue early on. It's gotten a lot better in recent years but sometimes it still kicks in and I can ignore it or just let it happen (like when the house needs to get cleaned up).
But last night I was washing my hands at the bathroom sink and the bottom cabinet door was slightly ajar. Only slightly, but I let my OCD kick in and I just HAD to get that door closed and lined up with the other one. I pushed and pushed and nothing happened. I opened the door to find a small space heater, unused in quite some time, was partially blocking the door.
So I removed it and replaced it forcefully (there's nothing important under there anyway) when I heard water sloshing. A basin was under the sink and had nearly a half gallon of water in it. The ring that holds the part of the sink that closes the drain when you pull the lever was not properly secured and had been slowly leaking, likely since we moved in almost a year ago.
I was able to repair the part easily and toss out the disgusting basin, but it got me wondering how a space heater was able to move just enough to open a door just enough to cause my OCD to kick in just enough to investigate what I never would have found on my own. And the basin just happening to be directly beneath the leak at the time?
Like the title says, God, karma, fate, who knows, but someone or something moved that heater.
Or it was Morgan.
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Nope, it's grandma. I gots lots o' stories about "coincidences." Makes you wonder...
Post a Comment